(1) My paternal grandfather -he died before I was born. I think it’s important to know your heritage, and I know so little about him.
2) Joseph -the earthly father of Jesus. Now there’s another guy I don’t know much about because the Bible is rather silent on him. From what it does say, though, he had class.
3) Josef Stalin-I’d like to size him up and think about whether he is as evil as history makes him out to be. Probably yes.
4) George Patton-Another guy I’d like to get a read on. Was he as much a prima donna as they say.
5) Johnny Unitas-my childhood sports idol. In a class by himself on the football field.
6) F. Scott Fitgerald-he wrote the sweetest prose I have ever read. I’d like to ask him for some pointers.
7) Winston Churchill -he called Russia “a riddle, wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma”. He had so many sides to him, he could have been describing himself.
8) Elias Lönnrot-the Finnish folklorist who authored his nation’s national epic, the Kalevala. I’d like to pick his brain about the true nature of Karelian rune singers
9) Thomas Jefferson-maybe the greatest Virginian of them all. I want to know what he meant when he said,”God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion.”
10) George Mueller-a hero of prayer who begin, sustained and grew a work for orphans on only that. What was he thinking?